Happiness is a universal pursuit, and people from all walks of life are constantly seeking ways to achieve it. What makes one person happy may not work for another, but the wisdom of those who have experienced happiness can inspire and guide us on our own paths. In this blog post, we’ve gathered 49 quotes on how to be happy to help uplift your spirit and encourage you to live a joyful, fulfilling life.
Quotes About the Journey to Happiness
Happiness isn’t a destination, it’s a journey! Here are some quotes to help you along the way.
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” -Denis Waitley
- “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” -Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
- “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” -James Oppenheim
- “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” -Margaret Lee Runbeck
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” -Audrey Hepburn
- True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” -Seneca
- “Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.” -Daphne du Maurier
- “Happiness is a risk. If you’re not a little scared, then you’re not doing it right.” -Sarah Addison Allen
Question on How to Be Happy
If you’re wondering how to be happy, here are some quotes to provide some wisdom:
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” -Aristotle
- “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” -L.M. Montgomery
- “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” -Groucho Marx
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” -Andrew Carnegie
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
- “The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment.” -Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Sharing Your Happiness with Others
Once you have discovered to be happy, it’s important to share it with others. And, on your journey to happiness, surround yourself with those who have discovered how to be happy!
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” -Marcel Proust
- “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
Quotes on How to Be Happy
Here are our quotes on how to be happy! We hope you enjoyed them. And if you have any others you would like to add, feel free to leave them in the comments below!